Pick a Pink Lady® Weekend is coming back for 2018!
When: Saturday 5th May and Sunday 6th May 2018, from 10 am to 4 pm each day.
There are 3 family run orchards participating again this year ….
- Harrisville Orchards – 72 Harris Road, Lenswood (see Harrisville Orchards)
- Mahnew Orchards – 640 Swamp Road, Lenswood (see Mahnew Orchard)
- Peter & Joel Brockhoff – 471 Swamp Road, Lenswood (see Applefields Orchard Shop)
Each provide a different outlook and orchard style, with plenty of late-ripening, crunchy & juicy apples straight from the tree for everyone to enjoy. As well as apples to pick, there is the opportunity to meet the growers, learn about apple production and purchase other local and home-made produce. An ideal family outing, visitors are welcome to linger and enjoy the beautiful Adelaide Hills at their best, with the green orchards nestled among the golden autumn hues.
- Entry Fee – $5 per adult, children U/12 free (The entry fee covers event organisation, insurances and a bag for your apples).
- Please check the price of apples directly with the participating orchards.
- Food and drink is available for purchase
- Toilet and hand washing facilities available
- Cash only
- Bring warm clothes, sturdy shoes and raincoat if damp (note the Adelaide Hills can typically be several degrees cooler than Adelaide)
- Disabled access to main parking and shed areas; orchards themselves are on sloping and uneven ground
- Please do not bring any fruit or vegetables onto orchards and help protect them from unwanted pests and diseases